A new 5-star hotel will be inaugurated at the end of 2022 in Venice. The hotel will be developed by Evok Collection L, a Luxembourg company, and will be launched as Nolinski Hotel Venice, under the Nolinski brand, the first hotel of the brand in Italy.
The hotel will be developed in Calle Larga XIII Marzo, inside the historic headquarters of the Chamber of Commerce of Venice.
The conversion project, given the dimensional characteristics of the building, could see the development of a hotel of about 40-50 rooms.
The historic headquarters of Calle XXII Marzo had been sold a few years ago to a French company for approx. 64.1 million euros, a much higher value than the auction base that was, at that time, around 45 million euros.
Now, the building has been awarded to the company Marzo Hotel srl from Milan, a corporate vehicle that is headed by Zaka Investments (the French company with registered office in Luxembourg, which is active in the hotel and financial sector), and that was set up ad hoc for the purchase of the building.
In Venice, there have been several investments in the hospitality sector, especially in the luxury segment. The following 5-star openings are planned in the lagoon:
- Murano Luxury Hotel – Langham Hospitality;
- Canopy By Hilton Venice Centre – Canopy by Hilton;
- Rosewood Venice – Rosewood;
- The rebranding and repositioning of the Hotel Gabrielli, under Starhotels Collection;
- The rebranding of Danieli, from Luxury Collection (Marriott) to Four Seasons;
- The upgrade to 5-star hotel of Violino d’Oro Hotel.